Forward Progress’ employees have over 60 years of experience in intercollegiate athletics, including time spent as student-athletes, coaches, on-campus administrators, conference officers and NCAA national office staff. This includes experience operating and facilitating NCAA leadership conferences as well as student-athlete advisory committees from the national to the campus level. Additionally, our experience includes recruiting, hiring and managing large staffs and budgets at the national, conference, and campus levels.
Contact us at or 303-681-2210 for more information regarding availability, packages, and pricing.
Student Athlete Workshops
Student-athlete workshops provide in-person leadership training with a focus on how the student-athletes can be more effective leaders amongst their peers on campus. Student-athletes are exposed to leadership skill building with an emphasis on how to transition those skills to their campus and team.
Workshop content varies and can be customized to suit your specific needs. Examples include:
- Adjusting to College: Introduction to your new campus life
- Authentic Leadership I: Values clarification and alignment with decision making and behavior
- Authentic Leadership II: Developing and understanding diverse leadership styles (DiSC)
- Building Your Brand: Aligning your values and building a positive personal brand
- Diversity and Inclusion: Accepting and celebrating differences
- Fueling Leaders: Nutrition and health education for student-athletes
- Goal Setting: Prioritizing and achieving goals
- Is Entrepreneurship For You?: Find out what it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Life After Sport…What’s Next?: Maximizing student-athlete experiences to reach your career goals (emphasis on resume building and interview preparation)
- Life After Sport… Networking: Learn how to develop professional relationships
- Life After Sport… Nutrition: Leading healthy lifestyles after graduation
- Life After Sport: Athletics Career: Career planning for a career in athletics
- Life in the Balance: Time management and tools that maximize productivity
- Peak Performance: Learn strategies to manage performance anxiety
- Resiliency: How resilience can build grit, enthusiasm, and perseverance
- Safe Space: Creating positive team culture
- Servant Leadership: Empowering and supporting those you lead
- The Social Media Athlete: Social media training for the modern day student-athlete
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) Workshops
- Building Your Team: How to effectively communicate and engage resources on your campus
- Goal Setting for SAAC: Prioritizing and achieving goals as a committee with strategic planning
- SAAC Peer Leadership: Learn to maximize leadership strengths to lead your peers
- SAAC Brand Building: Align SAAC values to enhance and maximize your SAAC’s brand
Leadership Meeting Planning
In addition to stand-alone workshops, Forward Progress can plan entire meetings, aligning the agenda with your goals and strategic plan. Forward Progress can be available for the entire conference from the first ice-breaker, through the community engagement sessions, and until the final wrap-up session concludes. Examples include:
- SAAC Strategic Planning Retreat: Creating a strategic plan for SAAC and developing an engaged SAAC with improved student-athlete leadership.
- Student-Athlete Leadership Retreat: Provide a full-day retreat filled with leadership training and engagement for your student-athletes. This is usually geared to student-athletes who are out-of-season.
- Team Leadership Retreat: Provide a full-day retreat filled with leadership training and engagement for student-athletes on a specific team. Preparation for this retreat includes discussions with administrative staff and team coaching staff to determine specific outcomes.
Administrator workshops provide professional growth opportunities for all staff working in athletics administration.
Workshop content can be customized to suit your specific needs. Sample trainings include:
Coach / Administrator Workshops
- APR Advantage: How to increase your APR and become indispensable to your department
- Authentic Leadership: Developing Personal Leadership Styles for Coach and Administrators
- Building a Performance Team: Nutrition and Health Education for Coaches
- Developing an Effective SAAC: Increasing SAAC Engagement & Strategic Planning
- Engaging Millennials: Maximizing relationships with and for the Millennial generation
- Professional Development for Athletic Administrators: Reach your professional objectives
- Safe Space: Creating Positive Team Cultures
- Trauma: Working with Student-Athletes after Trauma (for coaches and administrators)
- Values Clarification: How to Maximize your Leadership and Work Style